Are digital prescriptions better than handwritten ones?

They can be. When using a digital prescription, your doctor can punch in your prescription, and it'll be waiting for you when you arrive at the pharmacy. Best of all, this eliminates errors from misreading handwritten scripts, and renewals are a snap. Ask your pharmacist if they have this capability, and then ask your doctor to use it. In an emergency, having an electronic backup system with your prescription records could be a huge help. The 2005 hurricane devastation in New Orleans proved this point; people who used these systems had their lost drugs refilled and delivered to them much faster than other patients did.
YOU: The Smart Patient: An Insider's Handbook for Getting the Best Treatment

Everyone needs to become a smart patient. In fact, in the worst cases, your life may even depend on it. Number one bestselling authors and doctors Michael Roizen and Mehmet Oz have written this...

Continue Learning about Managing Your Medical Records

How to Protect Yourself from Medical Records Glitches
As more providers start using electronic health records (EHRs), the dream is that it'll be easier for everyone to work together and share information—...
How can I make sure emergency personnel find my medication information?
 Dr. Kathleen Handal, MD Dr. Kathleen Handal, MD
In some communities, health history and medication information is kept on the refrigerator and a...
Do I have the right to see my health records?
SharecareSharecare
Not only do you have the right to see your medical records, you can get a copy of them from most doc...
What Are Some Body Numbers I Should Know About Myself?