Am I required to pay for copies of my health record?

The cost of copies of your health record depends on the policy at your healthcare facility. Your healthcare provider is allowed to charge a reasonable fee for copies of your health record. The fee should only include the cost of copying (including supplies and labor), as well as postage if you request the copy to be mailed. If you request an explanation of this information, you may also be charged a fee for its preparation. Some facilities may provide you with a summary of your information free of charge. 

See more at: http://myphr.com/resources/faqs.aspx#sthash.nmu8fwYz.dpuf

Continue Learning about Managing Your Medical Records