Why should I seek out a diagnosis if I think I have a health problem?

Ms. Ashley Koff, RD
Don't dodge a diagnosis. If you have any inkling that something else is going on with your body beyond a condition remedied through traditional diet and lifestyle choices, speak up! Plan a visit with your doctor and have that conversation. If you don't know what you're dealing with, you can't begin to take proper action. Energy woes can be blamed on conditions as straightforward as anemia (low red blood cells that provide much-needed, energy infusing oxygen) to those as complex as fibromyalgia, rheumatoid arthritis, or menopause. If you suffer from migraines, do what you can to manage them with attention to dietary triggers, sufficient sleep, and medication when necessary. If you're in insomniac, then ask your doctor about visiting a sleep lab. You may have sleep apnea, which can be easily treated and which will allow you to get your life -- and energy -- back! In sum: get help.
Mom Energy: A Simple Plan to Live Fully Charged

From celebrated dietitian Ashley Koff and fitness trainer to the stars Kathy Kaehler comes Mom Energy, an exciting new way for moms to tap into their own natural and renewable sources of...

Continue Learning about Managing Your Health Care

How to Find Dr. Right
How to Find Dr. Right
One of the most important decisions you will ever make—and you'll probably make it more than once—is choosing the right doctor. YOU: The Smart Patien...
How can I shorten my hospital stay?
Starchy sheets, way too much Jell-O, that dratted IV, a roommate who watches the weirdest TV -- ther...
Know Before You Go: Colonoscopy
Know Before You Go: ColonoscopyKnow Before You Go: ColonoscopyKnow Before You Go: ColonoscopyKnow Before You Go: Colonoscopy
Get tips for what you should do to prepare for a colonoscopy, and learn what to expect during and after your procedure from Dr. Oz.
Why Do People Avoid Going to the Doctor?