Why is it important that my child have surgery in a children's hospital?

It is important that your child have surgery in a children’s hospital because children should be cared for in a facility that is staffed by healthcare providers trained in pediatric care. Children have different medical needs than adults on many different levels.

Continue Learning about Managing Your Health Care

What to Expect in the ER
What to Expect in the ER
As an emergency room doctor, I know that an ER visit can be a scary experience—you don’t feel well, waits can be long and you’re worried about yoursel...
How should I clean an inhaler spacer?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Clean your press-and-breathe inhaler and spacer at least once a week to help keep medication from ...
Know Before You Go: The Dermatologist
Know Before You Go: The DermatologistKnow Before You Go: The DermatologistKnow Before You Go: The DermatologistKnow Before You Go: The Dermatologist
Make the most of your visit with the dermatologist by following these simple steps before your appointment.
Why Do People Avoid Going to the Doctor?