What are tips for scheduling a last-minute doctor's appointment?

Last-minute appointments are usually reserved for people with an urgent medical need. This usually means a fever or symptoms that start suddenly. Try not to have complaints about many things that have been going on for a long time without any changes when you go to a last-minute appointment. Also, do not wait until you run out or almost run out of your medications to make a last-minute appointment for a refill.

Continue Learning about Managing Your Health Care

6 Tips for Navigating the ER
6 Tips for Navigating the ER
Whether you’ve been in an accident, gotten injured at the gym or simply have a pain you can’t explain, you never know when you’ll end up in the emerge...
If my child is in the hospital, how can I get staffers to wash their hands?
I see many wise patients post large, marker-drawn signs on their room door and near their bed that r...
Know Before You Go: Colonoscopy
Know Before You Go: ColonoscopyKnow Before You Go: ColonoscopyKnow Before You Go: ColonoscopyKnow Before You Go: Colonoscopy
Get tips for what you should do to prepare for a colonoscopy, and learn what to expect during and after your procedure from Dr. Oz.
Why Is It Important to Take Notes During My Doctor's Visit?