Why are references important when hiring a home healthcare professional?

Shelley Webb
Nursing
Even if this is their first job in the field of health care, every applicant should be able to provide references. Ideally, these should come from past employers. Otherwise, professors, internship supervisors, and personal references can also be used. Do not trust your intuition. When you think that you have found the person you want to hire, do conduct a background check to make sure that the person you hire does not have a questionable past.

Continue Learning about Managing Your Health Care

Using In-Home Medical Devices Safely
Using In-Home Medical Devices Safely
In Young Frankenstein (1974) Gene Wilder plays a neuroscientist who inherits a castle complete with a typical mad scientist’s laboratory, filled with ...
How do I find a good hospital abroad?
The Joint Commission accredits health care organizations internationally, too. So if you're travelin...
Know Before You Go: The Dermatologist
Know Before You Go: The DermatologistKnow Before You Go: The DermatologistKnow Before You Go: The DermatologistKnow Before You Go: The Dermatologist
Make the most of your visit with the dermatologist by following these simple steps before your appointment.
Why Is It Important to Take Notes During My Doctor's Visit?