Should I make an appointment to meet a new doctor?

Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery
You should certainly make an appointment to meet any new physician. Bring a friend or spouse with you on the consultation. Also, bring a list of questions and check list with you and seek 2 if not 3 consultations until you feel at ease with your final decision. In my book "The Beverly Hills Shape" I recommend that the patient seek at least 3 consultations before making final decision on a Plastic Suurgeon.
Dr. John J. Connolly
Healthcare Insurance & Policy
When you schedule your first appointment with a doctor you should take the view you are interviewing the doctor to see if he or she is one you would like to care for you. Have a list of questions ready and do not be hesitant to raise issues of concern to you. Of course, the doctor will be discussing your health history and getting to know you at the same time.

Continue Learning about Managing Your Health Care

5 Ways to Pay Less for Medications
5 Ways to Pay Less for Medications
If you’re like most people these days, cutting costs on everything is at top of mind. But, health experts warn, there’s something you should never do ...
What if more than one person wants to be my healthcare proxy?
Betty Long, RN, MHABetty Long, RN, MHA
Make your decision alphabetically. Break the tie with Rock, Paper, Scissors. Seriously, though, this...
Know Before You Go: Mental Health Visit
Know Before You Go: Mental Health VisitKnow Before You Go: Mental Health VisitKnow Before You Go: Mental Health VisitKnow Before You Go: Mental Health Visit
Get tips for what credentials and licensing you should look for in mental health professionals – plus, learns questions you should ask before your vis...
Why Is It Important to Take Notes During My Doctor's Visit?