Should I make an appointment to meet a new doctor?

Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery
You should certainly make an appointment to meet any new physician. Bring a friend or spouse with you on the consultation. Also, bring a list of questions and check list with you and seek 2 if not 3 consultations until you feel at ease with your final decision. In my book "The Beverly Hills Shape" I recommend that the patient seek at least 3 consultations before making final decision on a Plastic Suurgeon.
Dr. John J. Connolly
Healthcare Insurance & Policy
When you schedule your first appointment with a doctor you should take the view you are interviewing the doctor to see if he or she is one you would like to care for you. Have a list of questions ready and do not be hesitant to raise issues of concern to you. Of course, the doctor will be discussing your health history and getting to know you at the same time.

Continue Learning about Managing Your Health Care

Choosing a Dentist You'll Want to See (Again and Again)
Maybe you've recently moved, or your old dentist retired, or you've had a bad dental office experience. Whatever the reason, you're on the hunt for a ...
What should I do when my child is released from the hospital?
If your child is being released, there’s just one little thing you’re waiting on: your discharge pap...
Know Before You Go: Routine Physical
Know Before You Go: Routine PhysicalKnow Before You Go: Routine PhysicalKnow Before You Go: Routine PhysicalKnow Before You Go: Routine Physical
Make the most of your routine physical by following these simple steps before your appointment.
Dr. Peter Hulick - What Is Personalized Medicine?