How should people who visit my child in the hospital wash their hands?

Everyone visiting a patient in the hospital should practice proper hand-washing technique.
  • Scrub hands with soap and warm running water for 10-15 seconds.
  • Rinse hands well after scrubbing.
  • Use a paper towel to turn off the faucet. This will keep you from picking up viruses or bacteria from the faucet.
  • If your hands are not visibly soiled, you can use antimicrobial hand sanitizer instead of washing.

Continue Learning about Managing Your Health Care

Pay Attention to Your Pills
Pay Attention to Your Pills
When the Visagoths pillaged Rome in 410 AD, they ravaged the once mighty Empire and caused alarm all aro...
What instructions should I prepare in case something happens to me?
LIVESTRONGLIVESTRONG
A complete list of instructions about your health, home, family, legal and financial matters can be ...
Know Before You Go: Routine Physical
Know Before You Go: Routine PhysicalKnow Before You Go: Routine PhysicalKnow Before You Go: Routine PhysicalKnow Before You Go: Routine Physical
Make the most of your routine physical by following these simple steps before your appointment.
Why Is It Important to Take Notes During My Doctor's Visit?