When you are choosing a doctor, having a “good fit” is important. It is especially important in selecting a primary care physician because that relationship will, hopefully, be a lasting one. Obviously, you want a physician you can trust and respect and one who respects you as well. When you schedule your first appointment with the doctor, you should discuss his or her approach to care and be certain that it is one you are comfortable with . Ask the physician questions about your care, all the while assessing your compatibility. If you are not comfortable with the doctor, seek out a different one. However, do not become one of those patients who jumps from doctor to doctor because that can ultimately lead to poorer care.
- Q What are the tips for choosing the right doctor?
- Q How can I change my healthcare provider?
- Q How can I find a good surgeon?
- Q How can I judge the quality of the doctors in a network?
- Q What are the questions to ask when rating emergency departments?
- Q What should I know about my child’s healthcare provider?