How often should my doctor or pharmacist review my medications?

How often your doctor or pharmacist reviews your medications can depend on how many and what types of medications you are taking. It is a good idea to have all your medications reviewed approximately once a year.

Trinity Health is a Catholic health care organization that acts in accordance with the Catholic tradition and does not condone or support all practices covered in this site. In case of emergency call 911. This site is educational and not a substitute for professional medical advice, always seek the advice of a qualified healthcare provider.

Continue Learning about Managing Your Health Care

Is Your Doctor Good Enough for You?
Is Your Doctor Good Enough for You?
You know the old saying, "Physician, heal thyself." It's true. According to a recent study, how well your doctor takes care of his or her own health i...
Who pays for a nursing home patient to be taken to a doctor's appointment?
Betty Long, RN, MHABetty Long, RN, MHA
As with many situations in healthcare, the answer depends on what type of insurance the patient has,...
7 Little White Lies That Can Harm Your Health
7 Little White Lies That Can Harm Your Health7 Little White Lies That Can Harm Your Health7 Little White Lies That Can Harm Your Health7 Little White Lies That Can Harm Your Health
Lying to your doctor about unhealthy habits or embarrassing symptoms is common, but can have serious consequences. Here’s why you should tell the trut...
Dr. Peter Hulick - What Is Personalized Medicine?