How will I know if a new doctor takes my insurance?

Dr. John J. Connolly
Healthcare Insurance & Policy
The best way to find out if a doctor takes your insurance is to check with the doctor’s office staff. Remember, most insurers offer a variety of plan options. You have to be certain the doctor participates in your particular plan. Alternatively, use your health plan print or on-line Provider Directory to be certain your doctor is “in network.”

Continue Learning about Managing Your Health Care

What to Expect in the ER
What to Expect in the ER
As an emergency room doctor, I know that an ER visit can be a scary experience—you don’t feel well, waits can be long and you’re worried about yoursel...
How will I know if I have a catheter-related infection?
If you are receiving a medication through an intravenous solution, watch the area near the cathe...
ER Docs Reveal Summer Health Hazards
ER Docs Reveal Summer Health HazardsER Docs Reveal Summer Health HazardsER Docs Reveal Summer Health HazardsER Docs Reveal Summer Health Hazards
Get advice from emergency room doctors on what you should do if you experience summer health hazards such as asthma or heat exhaustion.
Why Is It Important to Take Notes During My Doctor's Visit?