How do I find a good hospital abroad?

The Joint Commission accredits health care organizations internationally, too. So if you're traveling abroad, know before you go. Check out the accredited hospitals in a foreign country by going to the Joint Commission Resources Web site at http://www.jointcommissioninternational.com and clicking on JCI Accredited Organizations. There are Joint Commission International–accredited hospitals in Austria, Brazil, China, Czech Republic, Denmark, Egypt, Germany, India, Ireland, Italy, Mars (just seeing if you were still reading), Saudi Arabia, Philippines, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, Turkey, and the United Arab Emirates. And the number of countries with JCI-accredited hospitals continues to grow. Check http://www.qualitycheck.org regularly if you're a frequent traveler.
YOU: The Smart Patient: An Insider's Handbook for Getting the Best Treatment

Everyone needs to become a smart patient. In fact, in the worst cases, your life may even depend on it. Number one bestselling authors and doctors Michael Roizen and Mehmet Oz have written this...

Continue Learning about Managing Your Health Care

6 Emergency Room Secrets
6 Emergency Room Secrets
No one looks forward to a trip to the ER. And as an ER doctor, there’s nothing better than making a patient’s diagnosis and seeing her feel better aft...
What can I do if I'm feeling overwhelmed by my chronic health condition?
Mercy HealthMercy Health
If you're feeling overwhelmed by your chronic health condition, it's most important that you have re...
Know Before You Go: Colonoscopy
Know Before You Go: ColonoscopyKnow Before You Go: ColonoscopyKnow Before You Go: ColonoscopyKnow Before You Go: Colonoscopy
Get tips for what you should do to prepare for a colonoscopy, and learn what to expect during and after your procedure from Dr. Oz.
Why Is It Important to Take Notes During My Doctor's Visit?