How can I get referrals for a new doctor?

Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery
When considering a new doctor, get referrals from close family and friends. Check out the doctor's board certification status. Browse their website for credentials and check out their hospital affiliations. Meet with the physician and make sure you are comfortable with their bedside manner and methods of practice. 
Dr. John J. Connolly
Healthcare Insurance & Policy
Most people rely on the recommendations of friends and relatives when trying to find a new doctor. That is a good start but it is still important to check on the doctors training, board certification, hospital appointments and disciplinary history.

Continue Learning about Managing Your Health Care

6 Tips for Navigating the ER
6 Tips for Navigating the ER
Whether you’ve been in an accident, gotten injured at the gym or simply have a pain you can’t explain, you never know when you’ll end up in the emerge...
What are your odds of having complications in the hospital?
If you check into the hospital, research has found that your personal odds of having a significant, ...
Know Before You Go: Routine Physical
Know Before You Go: Routine PhysicalKnow Before You Go: Routine PhysicalKnow Before You Go: Routine PhysicalKnow Before You Go: Routine Physical
Make the most of your routine physical by following these simple steps before your appointment.
Why Is It Important to Take Notes During My Doctor's Visit?