How can I determine if a doctor is part of a group medical practice?

Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery
To determine the status of a physician with respect to a group practice, simply call the group and check credentials. Members of a group medical practice should have no problems with disclosure of membership. The doctor should be board certified in the specialty you require. 
Dr. John J. Connolly
Healthcare Insurance & Policy
Today, most doctors practice in groups, either large or small. In fact, as of December 2010, more doctors were employed by hospitals than were in private practice.

Continue Learning about Managing Your Health Care

Give Your Doctor The News -- Accurately
Give Your Doctor The News -- Accurately
When Robert Palmer sings “Doctor, Doctor, give me the news,” you know he’s gonna get diagnosed with a bad case of the romantic blues. But most of the ...
How should I go about finding the best hospital?
Joane GoodroeJoane Goodroe
In addition to asking your physician’s opinion and assuring that you have chosen a hospital that acc...
Know Before You Go: Colonoscopy
Know Before You Go: ColonoscopyKnow Before You Go: ColonoscopyKnow Before You Go: ColonoscopyKnow Before You Go: Colonoscopy
Get tips for what you should do to prepare for a colonoscopy, and learn what to expect during and after your procedure from Dr. Oz.
Dr. Peter Hulick - What Is Personalized Medicine?