How can I determine if other doctors will be on call with my doctor?

Dr. John J. Connolly
Healthcare Insurance & Policy
Doctors in solo practice cannot be on call 24/7/365 so, typically, they will have an arrangement with other doctors to “cover” for their patients when they are not available. Most doctors practice in large or small groups these days so, of course, they cover for each other.

Continue Learning about Managing Your Health Care

How to Find Dr. Right
How to Find Dr. Right
One of the most important decisions you will ever make—and you'll probably make it more than once—is choosing the right doctor. YOU: The Smart Patien...
What is a medical family tree?
Carrie BilickiCarrie Bilicki
Family tree from both sides of your family should include your children, parents, siblings, grandpar...
Know Before You Go: Nutritionist
Know Before You Go: NutritionistKnow Before You Go: NutritionistKnow Before You Go: NutritionistKnow Before You Go: Nutritionist
A food diary can help you get the most from your visit with a dietitian or nutritionist. Check out these smart ways to log what you eat.
Be a Proactive Patient
Be a Proactive Patient