Can I get a second opinion during an emergency?

Don’t hold up your treatment in order to get a second opinion when you are in a life-threatening emergency, or if the risk of harm from waiting on a procedure outweighs the benefit of taking another look. If you want a second opinion, your doctor should inform you of the risk of waiting.

Continue Learning about Managing Your Health Care

Give Your Doctor The News -- Accurately
Give Your Doctor The News -- Accurately
When Robert Palmer sings “Doctor, Doctor, give me the news,” you know he’s gonna get diagnosed with a bad case of the romantic blues. But most of the ...
How can I arrange for a visit from a hospital chaplain?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
Nurses will ask within 24 hours of patients’ admission if they would like to indicate a faith prefer...
Know Before You Go: Routine Physical
Know Before You Go: Routine PhysicalKnow Before You Go: Routine PhysicalKnow Before You Go: Routine PhysicalKnow Before You Go: Routine Physical
Make the most of your routine physical by following these simple steps before your appointment.
Dr. Peter Hulick - What Is Personalized Medicine?