Can I choose where I have surgery?

Find out if the surgeon practices in an academic center or a community hospital, and learn what the differences are. In some cases, a surgeon may practice at both and you have a choice of where to have your surgery.

Continue Learning about Managing Your Health Care

if a family member is hospitalized , how can i get staff to wash hands ?
Hospital Safety ScoreHospital Safety Score
Say something. If you don’t see doctors, nurses, and other healthcare staff wash their hands or p...
how can i protect my child in the hospital ?
If there’s any good news with children being hospitalized, it’s that more studies are revealing what...
how can i find a patient advocate ?
It is a good idea to find a patient advocate for your hospitalization. You may not have a family mem...
why is it important to take notes during my Doctor visit ?