Can I choose where I have surgery?

Find out if the surgeon practices in an academic center or a community hospital, and learn what the differences are. In some cases, a surgeon may practice at both and you have a choice of where to have your surgery.

Continue Learning about Managing Your Health Care

6 Emergency Room Secrets
6 Emergency Room Secrets
No one looks forward to a trip to the ER. And as an ER doctor, there’s nothing better than making a patient’s diagnosis and seeing her feel better aft...
How can I locate social services?
Philip Lisagor, MDPhilip Lisagor, MD
Many social services exist to help you, depending upon your needs or those of your family or loved o...
7 Little White Lies That Can Harm Your Health
7 Little White Lies That Can Harm Your Health7 Little White Lies That Can Harm Your Health7 Little White Lies That Can Harm Your Health7 Little White Lies That Can Harm Your Health
Lying to your doctor about unhealthy habits or embarrassing symptoms is common, but can have serious consequences. Here’s why you should tell the trut...
Dr. Peter Hulick - What Is Personalized Medicine?