What is behavioral management?

Of all psychological theories about how to change people, behavioral management is acknowledged as the most effective way of transforming behaviors. Researchers have found that rewarding people for good behaviors increases those behaviors, and punishing people for bad behaviors decreases those. This powerful strategy for change is effective with animals, little kids, the elderly, and almost any other population or culture you can imagine. However, we focus on rewarding increased efforts. Because they are rewarded, the positive behaviors tend to become so prevalent that the bad behaviors eventually get edged out.
The Gift of ADHD: How to Transform Your Child's Problems into Strengths

As a parent, you already know that your child has many gifts. What you may not know is that attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) related symptoms—the very qualities that lead him or her...

Continue Learning about Managing Negative Emotions

What can I do if I feel trapped in my relationship with my bipolar partner?
Ms. Julie A. FastMs. Julie A. Fast
At some point you will have to face the big questions when it comes to bipolar disorder and its ...
How should I deal with my emotions if I am an adult who is being bullied?
Erik FisherErik Fisher
If you are being bullied as an adult, become clear on what you are really feeling: fear, shame, ...
Dr. Tamar Chansky - What can I do about my fear of driving over bridges?
Eat These Foods to Boost Your Mood
Eat These Foods to Boost Your Mood