All areas of health are interconnected. They all need energy to function. You have a limited amount of energy available. Holding a grudge requires mental energy. It robs you of the energy you need for staying healthy in all areas. The bigger or more intense the grudge, the more energy it uses. If that grudge is part of a larger scenario that includes other grudges, maybe some general anger and frustration, it can consume so much of your energy that your ability to function well in your life is depleted. Your defenses against infection will be lowered. Eating and digesting the food you need stay healthy doesn't happen and you may become anemic. It becomes hard to concentrate so you get passed over for promotion at work. Anything that consumes your energy without being positively productive is detrimental to your health.
- Q How can I control my temper?
- Q How can I stop worrying?
- Q How should I deal with my negative thoughts on quitting smoking?
- Q How can I stop being ashamed of my feelings?
- Q How can I permanently overcome my negative emotions?
- Q How can I let go of a grudge?