All areas of health are interconnected. They all need energy to function. You have a limited amount of energy available. Holding a grudge requires mental energy. It robs you of the energy you need for staying healthy in all areas. The bigger or more intense the grudge, the more energy it uses. If that grudge is part of a larger scenario that includes other grudges, maybe some general anger and frustration, it can consume so much of your energy that your ability to function well in your life is depleted. Your defenses against infection will be lowered. Eating and digesting the food you need stay healthy doesn't happen and you may become anemic. It becomes hard to concentrate so you get passed over for promotion at work. Anything that consumes your energy without being positively productive is detrimental to your health.
- Q How can repressing my feelings cause me to eat compulsively?
- Q How can I let go of a grudge?
- Q How does the body react to anger?
- Q What method for clearing negative emotions gives the best results?
- Q Is being in a bad mood unhealthy?
- Q What are some negative thoughts caused by overeating?