How can I overcome being negative when I'm trying to get healthy?

Sheri D. Pruitt
Negative "self-talk" is a psychological merry-go-round that can keep you from changing your behavior. However, there may be a way to get off this ride. It's possible to change your emotions and your level of motivation by first changing your behavior, because changing behavior has a way of changing thinking. It's difficult to think of yourself as failing at exercise when you are walking for 30 minutes, four times a week. It's hard to say you're not confident in your ability to diet when you have cut down on the amount of sweets you eat.
Living SMART: Five Essential Skills to Change Your Health Habits Forever

The myriad of books and programs that encourage people to stop smoking, get organized, spend less, or exercise more tend to focus on what or why to change, but rarely explain how to change. Living...

Continue Learning about Managing Negative Emotions

How do negative thoughts lead to anxiety?
Friedemann SchaubFriedemann Schaub
We're not often consciously aware of the sequence of negative thoughts that lead to anxiety. The...
What are some self-help strategies I can use to manage emotional trauma?
Primarily, caring for yourself to minimize your susceptibility to recurring emotional trauma involve...
Eat These Foods to Boost Your Mood
Eat These Foods to Boost Your Mood
Is It Ever Okay to Go to Sleep Angry?
Is It Ever Okay to Go to Sleep Angry?