How can I get over my fear of failure?

Fear of failure impairs many people, keeping them stuck in small lives because they are afraid of breaking their streak of straight As or constant state of approving nods from their environment. The best way to get over any fear is exposure therapy -- in this case, being exposed enough to failure to realize that it doesn't have to stop you. Losing your fear of failure can be very freeing. When you lose your fear of failure, you gain the power to experiment in life and work, and experimentation leads to innovation and discovery. Thus, the capacity to take risks without undue fear of failure is directly related to creativity and discovery.

Continue Learning about Managing Negative Emotions

Be Less Furious: 7 Smart Tips to a Calmer You
Whether you’re irritated by inconveniences or fly into a fury at the slightest provocation, we can all benefit from learning to cope effectively with ...
What is behavioral management?
Lara Honos-Webb, PhDLara Honos-Webb, PhD
Of all psychological theories about how to change people, behavioral management is acknowledged ...
How can I stop judging and blaming people?
Jacob TeitelbaumJacob Teitelbaum
If you find yourself judging somebody, do not feel guilty.  If you find that you are judging yoursel...
Dr. Tamar Chansky - What can I do about my fear of driving over bridges?