How do I get past uncomfortable feelings?

Jacob Teitelbaum
Integrative Medicine

When we try to avoid a feeling either because it is uncomfortable, because we think we should not feel it, or because we think we are too “evolved” to feel it, we simply end up being stuck with the feeling. The quickest way to get past a feeling is to feel it fully without any resistance, then feel yourself moving through the feeling to its end. At that point we are able to regain and resume our natural state of feeling good. Feeling the feeling without resistance also allows old pools of pain, anger, hurt, etc., to be released much more quickly. By resisting a feeling, you simply stay stuck in it!

Three Steps to Happiness! Healing Through Joy

Happiness is our natural state of being. It is who we are. This happiness is obvious when you look at little children before they take on society’s beliefs. Their natural state is to feel all of...

Continue Learning about Managing Negative Emotions

How do I change my thinking from negative to positive?
Donna DannenfelserDonna Dannenfelser
Negative thoughts can reproduce, causing significant anxiety. Watch as psychotherapist Donna Dannenf...
What are some direct methods for clearing negative emotions?
Master Stephen CoMaster Stephen Co
Direct methods include: self-awareness, a cognitive technique that helps you constructively acknowle...
Eat These Foods to Boost Your Mood
Eat These Foods to Boost Your Mood
Dr. Tamar Chansky - What can I do about my fear of driving over bridges?