How can conflict help me grow?

Jacob Teitelbaum
Integrative Medicine

When you allow yourself to stay conscious of the conflict, a fascinating thing happens. Giving your psyche a problem that it does not have a solution to is like exercising your mind or body. If you continue to lift weights that are challenging, your muscles grow to where you can suddenly lift weights that you previously could not. When you give your mind puzzles that it cannot solve, and let yourself stay conscious of the problem (this does not mean that you think about it all the time; it simply means you do not deny its existence) it exercises the psyche and the psyche enlarges. One day, the solution then comes to you from a totally different angle (sometimes even from another person) and can seem incredibly easy and simple. Staying conscious of the conflict can actually be a powerful tool that helps your psyche and your abilities to grow.

Three Steps to Happiness! Healing Through Joy

Happiness is our natural state of being. It is who we are. This happiness is obvious when you look at little children before they take on society’s beliefs. Their natural state is to feel all of...

Continue Learning about Managing Negative Emotions

Be Less Furious: 7 Smart Tips to a Calmer You
Whether you’re irritated by inconveniences or fly into a fury at the slightest provocation, we can all benefit from learning to cope effectively with ...
What should I do when I feel overwhelmed by my partner's bipolar disorder?
Ms. Julie A. FastMs. Julie A. Fast
You may feel overwhelmed as you contemplate the future if you have a partner with bipolar disord...
How can negative emotions help me learn about myself?
Arianna HuffingtonArianna Huffington
When we choose to evolve, all our negative emotions -- pain, fears, attachments, shame, guilt -- pre...
Holding a Grudge
Holding a Grudge