Are negative emotions gentle, short-lived waves?

Master Stephen Co
Alternative & Complementary Medicine

Noted psychologist Gay Hendricks, Ph.D., believes that “all negative emotions are gentle, short-lived waves.” Yet many people can attest to the intensity and longevity of their fears: worries about job uncertainties or money; anger felt since childhood at parents or siblings; insecurities about personal appearance; the throat-tightening phobia about public speaking. How can they all be nothing more than mild blips of mental energy that come and go quickly? These are the kinds of negative emotions that tie people into knots trying to cope with them.

But there’s a second part to Hendricks’ definition: “All negative emotions are gentle, short-lived waves, unless we resist feeling them.” It is our inability to acknowledge and feel negative emotions in our body - not the negative emotion itself - that creates functional boundaries to the smooth flow of prana.

Your Hands Can Heal You: Pranic Healing Energy Remedies to Boost Vitality and Speed Recovery from Common Health Problems

What if one of the most effective tools you have to restore your health is not surgery or medications, but your own hands? Incredibly, your hands can heal you -- with the "energy medicine" of Pranic...

Continue Learning about Managing Negative Emotions

Be Less Furious: 7 Smart Tips to a Calmer You
Whether you’re irritated by inconveniences or fly into a fury at the slightest provocation, we can all benefit from learning to cope effectively with ...
How can the person I am angry with not be responsible for my anger?
Jacob TeitelbaumJacob Teitelbaum
Although all our feelings are totally valid, they often have little or nothing to do with the person...
How can I clear negative emotions and beliefs?
Master Stephen CoMaster Stephen Co
There are two basic clearing methods: direct and indirect. A direct method is designed specifically ...
Dr. Tamar Chansky - What can I do about my fear of driving over bridges?