How does the pineal gland play a role in aging?

We know that the pineal gland plays a role in aging because research has shown that putting young pineal glands in old animals helps reverse aging. The old animals' hair grew thicker and lusher when the new pineals were inserted.

By contrast, putting old pineal glands in young animals quickens the aging process. Mice with new pineals lived 25 percent longer, but we're yet unable to determine if the same statistics would be true for humans. So don't plan on sacrificing any younger friends anytime soon.
You: Staying Young: The Owner's Manual for Extending Your Warranty

From the Authors of the #1 Bestselling YOU: On A Diet and YOU: On a WalkWouldn't you like to know how to prevent your body from aging badly? Most of us believe that at age 40 or so, we begin the slow...

Continue Learning about Managing Changes Due To Aging

How can I activate sirtuin to get its anti-aging benefits?
The main way sirtuin is activated is through restricting calories, but it's also done through the he...
Why is muscle weakness dangerous to older people?
Eric OlsenEric Olsen
It is widely held that we inevitably begin sliding down a very slippery slope along which increasing...
How does television affect senior citizens?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Here is a dangerous paradox for senior citizens.The more television they watch, the more they learn ...
How Important Are My Genes In the Aging Process?