What are some new treatments for mesothelioma?

Lyall A. Gorenstein, MD
Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular)
New treatments for mesothelioma include a novel multimodality, or combination approach, which includes vaccine therapy, in vitro chemosensitivity testing, and drug analysis, followed by surgical removal and radiotherapy. A multimodality approach to this disease offers patients the best chance to be cured.

Continue Learning about Malignant Mesothelioma

Should I talk to my doctor about my malignant mesothelioma symptoms?
Many of the symptoms of malignant mesothelioma are common to other conditions, some of which may not...
Is malignant mesothelioma a common form of cancer?
Malignant mesothelioma is not a common type of cancer. In the Unites States, about two or three thou...
How long does someone with malignant mesothelioma usually live?
Curing malignant mesothelioma may not be possible because the disease is often found in its later st...
How does malignant mesothelioma spread in the body?
Malignant mesothelioma spreads through the body in several ways. As irregular cells continue to grow...