What is varicocele in the testes?

When you get too much blood flow through the vessels in the groin area, the spermatic veins can swell up so that they feel like a bag of worms; that’s called a varicocele. If you have a varicocele on both sides of the testes (or even one side), your sperm may overheat, which gets them swimming in the wrong directions; if that’s the case, there is a medical way to fix the problem, called varicocele repair. See your doctor.
YOU: The Owner's Manual for Teens: A Guide to a Healthy Body and Happy Life

A few years ago, we wrote YOU: The Owner’s Manual, which taught people about the inner workings of their bodies—and how to keep them running strong. But you know what? There’s a big difference...

Continue Learning about Testes

What should I do if I get hit in the testicles?
Testicles are a very sensitive organ. At first, you don't need to do anything. You can ice, but ...
Will setting my laptop on my lap affect my genitals?
It only makes sense that a laptop be set on the lap, but is it safe? In this video, I will reveal ho...
Is it normal for one testicle to be bigger than the other one?
Asymmetry of certain organs can be normal. However, in some cases, this can be a warning sign f...
Is It Normal for One Testicle to Be Bigger Than the Other One?