How can your shaving schedule be an indication of testosterone deficiency?

While shaving rituals are as much cultural as they are physical, a man should look at his shaving habits-and specifically, how quickly his stubble regrows after shaving--as one possible indicator of low testosterone.

If a man notices that he used to shave once a day, but now has to shave less often, it's a sign that testosterone is not helping stimulate a great deal of beard growth, which is a sign of low testosterone or a testosterone deficiency. Not having to shave daily may be convenient, but health-wise, it's a better sign if you need to hit that razor every 24 hours to keep stubble at bay.
YOU: The Owner's Manual, Updated and Expanded Edition: An Insider's Guide to the Body that Will Make You Healthier and Younger

Between your full-length mirror and high-school biology class, you probably think you know a lot about the human body. While it's true that we live in an age when we're as obsessed with our bodies as...

Continue Learning about Male Reproductive System

The Sperm Work Out
The Sperm Work Out
Feodor Vassilyev (1707-1782) fathered 69 children with one wife, who gave birth to 16 twins, seven triplets and four sets of quadruplets. That’s the l...
Should I talk to my doctor about my chronic bacterial prostatitis symptoms?
If you have symptoms that could be caused by chronic bacterial prostatitis, you should talk to y...
What can my penis tell me about my overall health?
Mark MoyadMark Moyad
Watch as men's health and urology expert Dr. Mark Moyad discusses what your penis can tell you about...
New Prostate Surgery Guidelines
New Prostate Surgery Guidelines