Should I talk to my doctor about acute bacterial prostatitis?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

If you are experiencing symptoms that could be caused by acute bacterial prostatitis, you should talk to your doctor. These symptoms may include pain in the lower back, penis, and testes. Since the symptoms of acute bacterial prostatitis usually have a rapid onset and can create much discomfort, it's important to have a doctor diagnose the disease so you can undergo treatment.

Continue Learning about Male Reproductive System

does acute bacterial prostatitis affect children differently than adults ?
Acute bacterial prostatitis most commonly affects young and middle-aged men. Rarely does it occur in...
is there a cure for acute bacterial prostatitis ?
Yes. Acute bacterial prostatitis is treated and usually cured with antibiotics. To avoid a possibly ...
how can i improve the shape of my sperm for increased fertility ?
When it comes to a man’s fertility, sperm count isn’t the only thing that counts. How the little...
what is the function of the vas deferens ?
The function of vas deferens, also called ductus deferens, is to transport sperm from the epididymis...