Are male genital problems painful?

Male genital problems are often painful, but it depends on their cause. Some problems may cause itching or discomfort but no pain. Injuries can cause very severe pain, but it often goes away pretty quickly. Infections and sexually transmitted diseases can cause rashes or blisters that may be painful. Other conditions like priapism (a long-lasting erection) and certain problems in the scrotum and testicles may be extremely painful. Talk to your doctor about ways to manage the pain of male genital problems and ways to treat the underlying cause.

Continue Learning about Male Reproductive System Disorders

How can I help my partner with delayed ejaculation?
Ian Kerner, PhDIan Kerner, PhD
Talking about trouble reaching climax isn’t as difficult as discussing other sexual issues. Say ...
What is epispadias in children?
Grace Hyun, MDGrace Hyun, MD
Epispadias includes a severe dorsal curvature of the penis up towards the abdominal wall as well...
What should I ask the urologist if I have a swollen testicle?
Your urologist will ask you about signs of infection, such as fever, vomiting and pain. He will also...
What can cause urinary problems in men besides an enlarged prostate?
Peter C. Fisher, MDPeter C. Fisher, MD
Urethritis is an inflammation of the urethra (the tube that runs from the bladder through the penis)...