What are the treatment options for dry hair?

Dry hair can usually be treated at home by changing your hair care routine. You should choose a mild shampoo, preferably one with a pH around 5. Although baby shampoos may be safe for your eyes, they are not a good choice for dry hair because their pH is usually higher than that. Try to treat hair with a moisturizing agent, such as conditioner. In addition, avoid harsh chemicals and try to reduce the frequency of heat styling, such as blow drying. If these steps do not work, you may need treatment for the underlying cause of your hair dryness. For example, you may need to take vitamin C supplements or thyroid hormones depending on the cause.

Continue Learning about Maintaining Healthy Hair

What are the treatment options for hair disorders?
Treatment options will differ depending on the hair disorder that you are inflicted with. For hair g...
Is hair replacement surgery for me?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Hair replacement surgery can improve appearances and boost self-confidence. Still, the results won't...
What Can I Do About My Dry, Brittle Hair?
How Can I Keep My Hair Healthy?
How Can I Keep My Hair Healthy?