How do medications treat hair disorders?

Minoxidil is applied directly to the scalp for hair loss in that area. Finasteride, an oral drug, which is only taken by men, blocks hormones that cause hair loss. Both of these medications can prevent the process of hair loss but only work as long as they are taken. Eflornithine is a medication cream that has been known to slow the growing process for conditions of excessive hair growth.

Continue Learning about Maintaining Healthy Hair

Are there diseases that affect hair health?
There are many diseases that can affect hair health. In fact, hair loss is a symptom of about 30...
Is there a cure for dry hair?
Dry hair can occur naturally or can be a result of the way you treat your hair. If your hair is ...
What to Eat for Healthier Hair
What to Eat for Healthier Hair
What Can I Do About My Dry, Brittle Hair?