How can I make my hair healthier?

The best thing you can do for your hair costs less than 9 cents a day. Get a charcoal filter and put it in your showerhead. When chlorine is present in the water in your shower, it can dry you up a lot. A filter is an easy fix. 

Cover your hair when you're in a lot of sunlight. The sun actually fries the hair and will take away that lovely body it's supposed to have. Finally, only shampoo when your hair is dirty -- not every day.

This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Maintaining Healthy Hair

Should I get my hair cut for maximum hair health?
Cutting your hair regularly can improve your hair health by removing the ends of your hair that ...
What are the treatment options for dry hair?
Dry hair can usually be treated at home by changing your hair care routine. You should choose a mild...
What to Eat for Healthier Hair
What to Eat for Healthier Hair
What Can I Do About My Dry, Brittle Hair?