Why would I be given magnesium during delivery?

In some cases, you may be given magnesium through an IV to help prevent seizures associated with pre-term labor and preeclampsia (side effects include muscle weakness and fatigue). It is perfectly safe when given in a controlled environment by your medical team (but as always, be a smart patient and question everything put into you or your IV including name and dosage).
YOU: Having a Baby: The Owner's Manual to a Happy and Healthy Pregnancy

Can I get a cavity filled while pregnant? Will avoiding spicy foods make my kid a picky eater? Can I really increase my baby's IQ while she's in utero? Whether you're pregnant for the first time,...

Continue Learning about Magnesium

How Long Should I Soak in an Epsom Salt Bath?
Are Multivitamins a Waste of Money?
Are Multivitamins a Waste of Money?
What Are the Benefits of Soaking in an Epsom Salt Bath?