How does magnesium lower stress?

Jacob Teitelbaum
Integrative Medicine
Magnesium has been called the “anti-stress mineral” because it relaxes muscles, improves sleep, and relieves tension. Low magnesium levels can trigger hyperventilation, panic attacks, and even seizures. These attacks can be relieved with magnesium therapy.

It’s important to choose the right kind of magnesium. Magnesium oxide and hydroxide are poorly absorbed, but many nutritional supplement manufacturers use this form because it is inexpensive. Choose absorbable forms, such as magnesium citrate, malate, or glycinate.
Beat Sugar Addiction Now!: The Cutting-Edge Program That Cures Your Type of Sugar Addiction and Puts You on the Road to Feeling Great - and Losing Weight!

The No-Fail Plan to Beating Sugar Addiction! With one-third of our calories coming from sugar and white flour added to processed foods, sugar addiction is a rapidly growing epidemic. However, unlike...

Continue Learning about Magnesium

Why would I be given magnesium during delivery?
In some cases, you may be given magnesium through an IV to help prevent seizures associated with pre...
How can I get more magnesium in my diet?
Ms. Ashley Koff, RDMs. Ashley Koff, RD
To get more magnesium to your diet, I recommend consuming magnesium-rich foods (whole grains, ar...
How to Avoid Vitamin and Prescription Drug Interactions
What Are the Benefits of Soaking in an Epsom Salt Bath?