Should I let my doctor know I’m taking lysine?

It is a good idea to consult a doctor before taking LLysine. The supplement can be harmful for some people with certain types of illnesses or in excessive dose. LLysine may not be recommended to women who are pregnant, expect to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding an infant. LLysine also can interact with some other medications and supplements and may not be the best treatment for a given medical condition.

Continue Learning about Lysine

What is the best way to take lysine?
The best way to take L-lysine depends on personal preference and on the particular reason for using ...
Is lysine safe for children?
L-lysine is usually not recommended for infants or toddlers. Most other children will receive ad...
What should I know before taking lysine?
L-Lysine is an essential amino acid, but most people obtain adequate amounts of it in their diet...
How does lysine work?
L-lysine is an essential amino acid that is needed for protein synthesis. It increases the body's ab...