Supplements are not evaluated as rigorously as prescription medications, so there is much to be learned about the effectiveness of L-Lysine. At present, L-Lysine has not received FDA approval for the treatment of medical conditions. Some evidence, however, does suggest that L-Lysine may improve some conditions, especially osteoporosis and herpes infection, but prescription medications may be a better choice. L-Lysine may be a helpful supplement for people who do consume adequate amounts of the amino acid in their diet.
- Q Are symptoms like fainting and feeling hot normal with lysine supplement?
- Q Is lysine an effective treatment of herpes?
- Q Should I let my doctor know I’m taking lysine?
- Q What dosage of lysine is typically used for children?
- Q What herbs and supplements can interact with lysine?
- Q Is lysine safe for children?