Supplements are not evaluated as rigorously as prescription medications, so there is much to be learned about the effectiveness of L-Lysine. At present, L-Lysine has not received FDA approval for the treatment of medical conditions. Some evidence, however, does suggest that L-Lysine may improve some conditions, especially osteoporosis and herpes infection, but prescription medications may be a better choice. L-Lysine may be a helpful supplement for people who do consume adequate amounts of the amino acid in their diet.
- Q Are lysine supplements safe for pregnant or nursing women?
- Q Does lysine interact with medications?
- Q Is L-Lysine better for your body than Valtrex?
- Q What are the side effects of lysine?
- Q What should I know before taking lysine?
- Q What herbs and supplements can interact with lysine?