Supplements are not evaluated as rigorously as prescription medications, so there is much to be learned about the effectiveness of L-Lysine. At present, L-Lysine has not received FDA approval for the treatment of medical conditions. Some evidence, however, does suggest that L-Lysine may improve some conditions, especially osteoporosis and herpes infection, but prescription medications may be a better choice. L-Lysine may be a helpful supplement for people who do consume adequate amounts of the amino acid in their diet.
- Q What dosage of lysine is typically used for children?
- Q Does lysine help with metabolic disorders?
- Q Who should take lysine?
- Q What is the role of lysine in preventing infections in my body?
- Q What should I avoid while taking lysine?
- Q What are the side effects of lysine?