Does lysine really work?

Supplements are not evaluated as rigorously as prescription medications, so there is much to be learned about the effectiveness of L-Lysine. At present, L-Lysine has not received FDA approval for the treatment of medical conditions. Some evidence, however, does suggest that L-Lysine may improve some conditions, especially osteoporosis and herpes infection, but prescription medications may be a better choice. L-Lysine may be a helpful supplement for people who do consume adequate amounts of the amino acid in their diet.

Continue Learning about Lysine

What is the maximum daily dosage for lysine?
If you are taking lysine, follow your doctor's instructions or the directions on the package label r...
How does lysine treat herpes and improve calcium use?
Some studies have found lysine to be helpful in treating or preventing the outbreak of herpes infect...
Should I let my doctor know I’m taking lysine?
It is a good idea to consult a doctor before taking LLysine. The supplement can be harmful for some ...
What are the risks of taking lysine?
Since lysine has not been approved by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to treat any conditi...