What is lymphoma?

Lymphomas are a type of cancer. Some of the white blood cells, which fight infections in the body, are called lymphocytes, and it is in these cells where lymphoma can begin. The cancerous lymphoma cells are often found in the lymph nodes in the body. There are many different types of lymphoma, but the two main ones are Hodgkin lymphoma and non-Hodgkin lymphoma. Non-Hodgkin lymphoma is much more common.

Continue Learning about Lymphoma

Hodgkin's and Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma: What's the Difference?
Hodgkin's lymphoma (HL) and non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (NHL) are both blood cancers that develop in the lymphatic system. These cancers occur when lymphoc...
What are the treatment options of mycosis fungoides?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Mycosis fungoides is difficult to cure, but treatments options are available. These include biologic...
What can a PET scan tell my doctor about my Hodgkin's lymphoma?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
A PET (positron emission tomography) scan can tell your doctor information about your Hodgkin's lymp...
What are primary CNS lymphoma risk factors in people with HIV?
HIV infected persons with primary central nervous system lymphoma tend to have severe, debilitating ...