How many people with HIV get primary central nervous system lymphoma?

Primary central nervous system lymphoma is the second most common brain disease seen in individuals with HIV. It affects 2 to 10 percent of all individuals infected with HIV. This incidence is over 1000 times higher than among those without HIV. Interestingly, the overall frequency of this cancer has decreased since the introduction of antiretroviral medications used to treat HIV infection.

Continue Learning about Lymphoma

Hodgkin's and Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma: What's the Difference?
Hodgkin's lymphoma (HL) and non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (NHL) are both blood cancers that develop in the lymphatic system. These cancers occur when lymphoc...
What can a PET scan tell my doctor about my Hodgkin's lymphoma?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
A PET (positron emission tomography) scan can tell your doctor information about your Hodgkin's lymp...
Are lymphomas life threatening?
Lymphomas could be life-threatening. As with any cancer, lymphomas can progress and spread to other ...
How many people suffer from lymphomas?
In the past several years, it is estimated that in a year over 438,000 people had some form of non-H...