What are the treatment options for Hodgkin's lymphoma?

When you are diagnosed with Hodgkin's lymphoma, your doctor will "stage" your disease and label it I, II, III, or IV. Hodgkin's lymphoma is categorized with four stages depending on where the cancerous cells are growing in your body. Stage I involves cancerous growth that are localized, whereas Stage IV describes Hodgkin's lymphoma that has spread to other parts of your body. Depending on the stage of your lymphoma, you may be treated with chemotherapy, radiation therapy, or stem cell transplants. Chemotherapy is a group of drugs that works on your entire body regardless of where your cancer is growing. Radiation therapy is a localized treatment that uses high power rays to target a specific location in your body. In a stem cell transplant, doctors remove your bone marrow, treat it with chemotherapy to remove any cancerous cells, and replace it in your body so that it can create healthy blood cells.

Continue Learning about Lymphoma Treatment

Are there alternative treatments for Hodgkin's lymphoma?
Hodgkin's lymphoma is treated with conventional treatments like chemotherapy, radiation, and stem ce...
How do I manage my Hodgkin's lymphoma on a daily basis?
Your doctor will offer you treatment for your Hodgkin's lymphoma. On a daily basis, you can cope wit...
Is stem cell transplantation used to treat lymphomas?
Stem cell transplantation might be used for non-Hodgkin's lymphoma in which symptoms are present and...
How is rituximab used for lymphoma?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
Rituximab is an antibody drug treatment that turns a person’s immune system against lymphatic cancer...