How is ofatumumab used for lymphoma?

Ofatumumab is an antibody drug treatment that turns a person’s immune system against lymphatic cancer cells. According to Lauren Pinter-Brown, MD, director of the UCLA Lymphoma Program, these antibodies represent a more rational, targeted approach to killing the cancer cells without the side effects of chemotherapy. The drug is for people with chronic lymphocytic leukemia who don’t benefit from other treatments.

Continue Learning about Lymphoma Treatment

What do the letters A, B, E, and S mean for my Hodgkin's lymphoma?
Doctors use numbers and letters to describe the stage of your Hodgkin's lymphoma. The letters A and ...
How do I manage my Hodgkin's lymphoma on a daily basis?
Your doctor will offer you treatment for your Hodgkin's lymphoma. On a daily basis, you can cope wit...
What are the treatment options for lymphomas?
Treatment for lymphoma all depends on what type of lymphoma you have, how far it has advanced, and h...
How can I protect my fertility during treatment for Hodgkin's lymphoma?
Chemotherapy and radiation treatments can affect your ovaries and sperm and cause infertility. If yo...