How do medications treat lymphomas?

The primary medications used to treat lymphomas include various types of chemotherapy drugs available. Bleomycin, cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, and vincristine are just some of the dozen or so chemotherapy drugs used in various combinations to treat lymphomas. For some lymphomas, drugs called ibritumomab and tositumomab are used to take radiation into the body's system to kill the cancerous cells. Another drug called rituximab works within the immune system in a certain type of lymphoma helping the immune system to identify and eliminate the bad cells and then creating healthy new cells.

Continue Learning about Lymphoma Treatment

How is ofatumumab used for lymphoma?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
Ofatumumab is an antibody drug treatment that turns a person’s immune system against lymphatic cance...
What are the risks of having Hodgkin disease treated?
Anthony L. Komaroff, MDAnthony L. Komaroff, MD
There are some complications from using radiation therapy to treat Hodgkin's disease.Most commonly, ...
How can I protect my fertility during treatment for Hodgkin's lymphoma?
Chemotherapy and radiation treatments can affect your ovaries and sperm and cause infertility. If yo...
How do medications treat primary central nervous system lymphoma?
Medications used in the treatment of primary central nervous system lymphoma include methotrexate, s...