What do lymphangiomas mean?

Lymphangiomas means that non-cancerous tumors have formed in the body's lymphatic system. These tumors are often visible on the skin in the form of a soft and sometimes discolored growth. Lymphangiomas do not become cancerous and in some cases even disappear without treatment.

Continue Learning about Lymphangiomas

What do I need to know about caring for someone with lymphangiomas?
Lymphangiomas generally affect children by the age of one and in most cases do not require a great d...
Do lymphangiomas affect children differently than adults?
Children are more often affected by lymphangiomas than adults because symptoms of the condition gene...
Should I be worried about lymphangiomas?
You probably do not have to worry about lymphangiomas. Lymphangiomas are a rare condition that gener...
Do children grow out of lymphangiomas?
In some cases, children do grow out of lymphangiomas. This occurs approximately 15 percent of the ti...