Do lymphangiomas affect children differently than adults?

Children are more often affected by lymphangiomas than adults because symptoms of the condition generally appear within the first year of life. The main symptom is the appearance of a soft, sometimes discolored growth on the skin. In some cases, the location of these growths can cause difficulty with eating or breathing and cause serious complications for a child's development.

Continue Learning about Lymphangiomas

What do lymphangiomas mean?
Lymphangiomas means that non-cancerous tumors have formed in the body's lymphatic system. These tumo...
Should I be worried about lymphangiomas?
You probably do not have to worry about lymphangiomas. Lymphangiomas are a rare condition that gener...
Do children grow out of lymphangiomas?
In some cases, children do grow out of lymphangiomas. This occurs approximately 15 percent of the ti...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with lymphangiomas?
Lymphangiomas generally affect children by the age of one and in most cases do not require a great d...