What is lymphangioleiomyomatosis?

Lymphangioleiomyomatosis (LAM) is a rare, eventually deadly lung disease that usually occurs in women during adulthood, usually during the years that they're most likely to bear children. With LAM, smooth muscle tissue begins to grow uncontrollably in the body, particularly in the lungs, lymph nodes, and kidneys. Eventually, these cells can destroy the regular tissue, causing the lungs to stop functioning properly.

Continue Learning about Lymphangioleiomyomatosis (Lam)

Should I talk to my doctor about my lymphangioleiomyomatosis symptoms?
You should talk to your doctor if you are experiencing symptoms of lymphangioleiomyomatosis (LAM). L...
Can I have children if I have lymphangioleiomyomatosis?
As long as your respiratory system is still healthy, pregnancy may be a possibility for those with l...
Can lymphangioleiomyomatosis be prevented?
Since the cause of lymphangioleiomyomatosis (LAM) is not known, it is not known whether it can be pr...
How do I manage my lymphangioleiomyomatosis on a daily basis?
Because there is no cure for lymphangioleiomyomatosis (LAM), the most important aspect of daily mana...