What increases my risk for lymphangioleiomyomatosis?

Because the cause of lymphangioleiomyomatosis (LAM) is not known, it is not entirely known what increases a person's risk. However, except for rare cases, LAM is only found in women, so women are at heightened risk. Young to middle-aged people are also at risk, as most women who get LAM are between the ages of 20 and 40. Women who have tuberous sclerosis complex (TSC) are more likely to have LAM than those who don't.

Continue Learning about Lymphangioleiomyomatosis (Lam)

What is lymphangioleiomyomatosis?
Lymphangioleiomyomatosis (LAM) is a rare, eventually deadly lung disease that usually occurs in wome...
Is lymphangioleiomyomatosis serious?
Lymphangioleiomyomatosis (LAM) is a serious lung disease with a number of symptoms, including shortn...
Can I have children if I have lymphangioleiomyomatosis?
As long as your respiratory system is still healthy, pregnancy may be a possibility for those with l...
Can I spread my lymphangioleiomyomatosis to others?
Although the cause of lymphangioleiomyomatosis (LAM) is unknown, it is supposedly connected to two s...