What are the symptoms of lymphangioleiomyomatosis?

There are a number of common symptoms associated with lymphangioleiomyomatosis (LAM), including shortness of breath during physical exertion, chest pain that increases when inhaling, coughing that may include bloody phlegm, and wheezing. These symptoms may get progressively worse. Other, more serious symptoms include collapsed lung, body fluids building up inside the lungs, and swollen lymph nodes.

Continue Learning about Lymphangioleiomyomatosis (Lam)

What is lymphangioleiomyomatosis?
Lymphangioleiomyomatosis (LAM) is a rare, eventually deadly lung disease that usually occurs in wome...
Can men be affected by lymphangioleiomyomatosis?
Lymphangioleiomyomatosis (LAM) can affect men; however, it is extremely rare. Although it is unknown...
How do I care for someone with lymphangioleiomyomatosis?
Because there is no cure for lymphangioleiomyomatosis (LAM), the most important aspect of caring for...
Should I talk to my doctor about my lymphangioleiomyomatosis symptoms?
You should talk to your doctor if you are experiencing symptoms of lymphangioleiomyomatosis (LAM). L...