What are the treatment options for lymphangioleiomyomatosis?

Unfortunately, there are no current treatments available to keep lymphangioleiomyomatosis (LAM) cells and cysts from growing. Treatments for LAM consist of lessening the painful effects and preventing complications. These treatments include oxygen therapy, fluid removal from the lungs and chest, medicines that increase air flow to the lungs, lung transplants, and hormone therapy. A new medicine, Rapamycin, is being tested for its ability to improve the lung function of people suffering from LAM.

Continue Learning about Lymphangioleiomyomatosis (Lam)

Does lymphangioleiomyomatosis affect children differently than adults?
Except for rare cases, lymphangioleiomyomatosis (LAM) is only found in adult women. Most women who g...
What are the symptoms of lymphangioleiomyomatosis?
There are a number of common symptoms associated with lymphangioleiomyomatosis (LAM), including shor...
Should I talk to my doctor about my lymphangioleiomyomatosis symptoms?
You should talk to your doctor if you are experiencing symptoms of lymphangioleiomyomatosis (LAM). L...
Can I have children if I have lymphangioleiomyomatosis?
As long as your respiratory system is still healthy, pregnancy may be a possibility for those with l...