What are the treatment options for lymphangioleiomyomatosis?

Unfortunately, there are no current treatments available to keep lymphangioleiomyomatosis (LAM) cells and cysts from growing. Treatments for LAM consist of lessening the painful effects and preventing complications. These treatments include oxygen therapy, fluid removal from the lungs and chest, medicines that increase air flow to the lungs, lung transplants, and hormone therapy. A new medicine, Rapamycin, is being tested for its ability to improve the lung function of people suffering from LAM.

Continue Learning about Lymphangioleiomyomatosis (Lam)

What increases my risk for lymphangioleiomyomatosis?
Because the cause of lymphangioleiomyomatosis (LAM) is not known, it is not entirely known what incr...
How do I manage my lymphangioleiomyomatosis on a daily basis?
Because there is no cure for lymphangioleiomyomatosis (LAM), the most important aspect of daily mana...
What are the symptoms of lymphangioleiomyomatosis?
There are a number of common symptoms associated with lymphangioleiomyomatosis (LAM), including shor...
Can men be affected by lymphangioleiomyomatosis?
Lymphangioleiomyomatosis (LAM) can affect men; however, it is extremely rare. Although it is unknown...