Is there a cure for lymphangioleiomyomatosis?

Unfortunately, there is currently no cure for lymphangioleiomyomatosis (LAM). Medications for people with LAM are available, but they are used to lessen the effects on your body and prevent complications. A new medicine, Rapamycin, however, is currently being tested for its ability to control the growth of LAM cells and improve the lung function of people with LAM.

Continue Learning about Lymphangioleiomyomatosis (Lam)

Is lymphangioleiomyomatosis serious?
Lymphangioleiomyomatosis (LAM) is a serious lung disease with a number of symptoms, including shortn...
How does lymphangioleiomyomatosis affect the body?
Lymphangioleiomyomatosis (LAM) affects the body in a number of different ways, though most of them o...
Can men be affected by lymphangioleiomyomatosis?
Lymphangioleiomyomatosis (LAM) can affect men; however, it is extremely rare. Although it is unknown...
Can I spread my lymphangioleiomyomatosis to others?
Although the cause of lymphangioleiomyomatosis (LAM) is unknown, it is supposedly connected to two s...